The ability to choose your metal is (literally) the foundation of our personalized jewelry. We offer four different metals to choose from; what metal is best for you and your piece is entirely up to you.
We only source metals that we are confident are authentic, high-quality and built to last, so you can’t go wrong with any option. Below you will find the lowdown on each type of metal we offer. Click on the title for further metal info.
Sterling silver consists of 92.5% pure silver (hence why sterling silver is sometimes referred to as “925 silver”) and is considered a precious metal. The other 7.5% of the alloy is usually copper, which strengthens the silver without compromising its appearance.
Despite its somewhat misleading name, gold-fill jewelry is not actually filled with gold—it’s really the opposite. To make gold-fill jewelry, multiple layers of solid gold are pressure-bonded to a core of high-quality jeweler’s brass using extreme heat. The result is a thick layer of real gold and a durable, long-lasting product. As gold-fill jewelry is just a step down from solid gold, it offers the ideal balance of quality and value.
Rose gold-fill is the same as gold-fill, except a bit of copper is added to the alloy to give it its classic rosy hue.
Like with gold-fill jewelry, "solid gold” is actually a bit of a misnomer—not all solid gold is made up of 100% gold. Since gold is a softer metal, it is often mixed into an alloy with other metals like silver and copper to add strength. “Solid gold” simply means that your piece is made entirely of a gold alloy and has no jeweler’s brass core.
You can also read about the differences between gold-fill, solid gold, and gold-plated here