Knowing how to properly store your piece after each wear is one of the easiest ways to keep it looking great for longer, as it reduces the time it’s exposed to air, slows down oxidation and overall lessens the chance of tarnish. Below are some handy tips for storing your pieces:
- Store it clean and dry after performing daily maintenance.
- Use a small ziplock bag for storage. They’re inexpensive, can easily be made compact, help prevent tangling, and are airtight.
- If your piece has a chain, make sure the clasp is closed before storing to keep your piece from getting tangled.
- Keep your piece stored in a low-humidity environment to avoid tarnishing.
- If your piece is more fragile, store the ziplock bag inside a small, hard container when traveling.
Please note that these tips apply mostly to gold-fill, rose gold-fill, and sterling silver. While it's still important to store solid gold safely, it's not susceptible to tarnish.
For more tips on how to care for your pieces, click here.